MARICOPA COUNTY REPUBLICANS | EXECUTIVE BOARD
The Executive Board serves as the elected officers of the county Party. These individuals work tirelessly to make sure that the local GOP is governed effectively and that the efforts of our grassroots precinct committeemen are optimized to ensure sweeping Republican victories at all levels of elected office.
We are blessed to have a group of professionals with such a diverse set of skill specialties. Members of the Executive Board are elected by the precinct committeemen for two year terms.
Chairman | Rae Chornenky
Rae Chornenky has been in the practice of law since 1983, presently practicing constitutional law and advising political organizations and not-for-profit organizations. She earned both her Bachelor degree in Political Science, graduating magna cum laude, and her Juris Doctor degree from Arizona State University. While in law school, Rae earned a Master’s degree in counseling. She has held professional and community service positions:
• on the Arizona Superior Court bench, presiding over jury trials and criminal law hearings.
• for six years as a college Adjunct Professor of constitutional law, substantive criminal law and evidence.
• as legislative liaison, public relations officer and ombudsman for the Arizona Department of Agriculture, drafting legislation, successfully lobbying to adoption legislation, budget matters and regulatory acts, and representing the Department in t.v., radio, and print media.
• as Assistant Arizona Attorney General prosecuting organized crime and tax fraud while cross-designated as an Assistant United States Attorney.
• as the first woman elected Chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Party, the fourth largest county in the United States and the largest Republican voting county in the country, delivering more Republican votes in 2016 for President Donald Trump than 11 U. S. States.
• as Chairman of Arizona Legislative District 22 Republican Committee (elected in 2017). In her first year, Rae’s leadership “growing the grassroots’ resulted in her District’s recognition as achieving the greatest increase in precinct committeeman recruitment in all of Maricopa County. The Republican Party of Arizona awarded her as Most Outstanding District Chair in 2018.
• as elected Republican precinct committeeman, State Committeeman, and Congressional District 8 Member-at-Large.
Rae is proud of her 2011 election as the first Arizonan to be President and CEO of the National Federation of Republican Women (NFRW), the largest grassroots women’s political organization in the country. She lived in the D.C. area during her two-year term:
• advocating conservative issues on Capitol Hill and across the country
• directing the corporate staff, administering the million dollar-plus budget, and presiding over the national Board of Directors and the organization’s national biennial convention.
• representing the NFRW at meetings of the RNC for multiple years, at the Women’s Democracy Network, the Washington, D.C. Women’s Forum and the Republican National Senatorial Committee and the Republican National Congressional Committee.
• appearing in national and international media representing conservative Republican women voice in response to the 2012 Democrat campaign allegations of a Republican ‘War on Women.’
• accepting the invitation to speak at the 2012 Republican National Convention.
She has since served as:
• NFRW federal PAC President, founding Chairman of the Board of the 501(C)(3) National Pathfinder’s Fund, Chairman of the NFRW and the Ariz. Federation Bylaws Committee and NFRW and Ariz. Federation Parliamentarian.
• NFRW Legislation and Research Chairman, Rae spearheaded NFRW successful efforts in national anti-human trafficking legislation and mental health legislation being signed into law by the then-Democrat President of the United States.
First-Vice Chairman | Linda Brickman
Second-Vice Chairman | Nancy Cottle
Nancy Cottle has been active in Arizona politics for the past decade. She is excited to serve as Maricopa County Republican Committee (MCRC) Second Vice Chairman and looks forward to working with the party leadership and voters in Maricopa County during the next two years.
Having worked on a recent United States Senate campaign as Director of Events and Community Outreach, Nancy interacted with many of the Republican clubs in Maricopa County and throughout the state. This experience lays a solid foundation upon which to strengthen communication and action with our great county clubs. Nancy has served the county in appointed positions and is currently an elected Regional Director of the Arizona Federation of Republican Women, with responsibility as liaison to East Valley Republican women’s clubs.
Nancy recently served as AZGOP Executive Committee Member-At-Large representing CD 5 and is currently serving on the AZGOP Transition Team. She is in her second term as First Vice President of Mesa Republican Women, where she is responsible for monthly program development. Prior she served on the board as Club Treasurer. She is a Precinct Captain in LD25 and Third Vice Chairman on the District Executive Committee. Additionally, she was named 2016 Precinct Committeeman of the Year from her district. A 2016 graduate of the Dodie Londen Excellence in Public Service program, Nancy also holds an M.A. in Organizational Management from University of Phoenix and a B.S. in Education from Kent State University. She is a retired executive from The Boeing Company and is a small business owner.
Nancy and her husband reside in the east valley and, in addition to being political activists, enjoy time spent at their lake home in Tonto Basin.
Secretary | Colleen Lombard
Treasurer | Sheila Muehling
Sheila is the owner of SKM Design & Construction, a company specializing in home remodeling in Scottsdale and Paradise Valley since 2001. She began her business as a design/builder in Naperville, Illinois where she worked for 18 years before moving to Arizona. Sheila is an elected Precinct Committeewoman in LD23 and has held that position since 2013. She was also the founder of the Scottsdale Tea Party. For years she has volunteered her time for causes she believes in. Some of those activities include serving as the President of United Way of Dupage County, President of Naperville Junior Woman’s Club, was a founding member of Jump Start, a youth program in the Dupage County Jail system and she currently serves on the Foster Care Review Board for the Arizona Supreme Court.
MEMBERS AT LARGE
Member at Large | Tristan Manos
Born and raised ten miles from historic Independence Hall in Philadelphia, Tristan moved to sunny Phoenix in 2001. His interest in understanding how things work drove him to major in Industrial Design at The Ohio State University. He served as student chapter president of the Industrial Designer’s Society of America, graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design.
A Precinct Committeeman (PC) since 2012, Tristan is grateful for the opportunity to serve and represent fellow PCs, fellow Republicans, and fellow Americans, taking a special interest in good government (responsible government), the rule of law, and election integrity. The spirit of the Declaration of Independence, the rightful understanding of the original meaning of the Constitution and Bill of Rights, and promoting the Republican Party Platform are all reflected in Tristan’s commitment to The American Way, America 1st, Americans 1st, and The American Dream for Americans 1st.
A strong believer in the power of faith in God, family unity, and personal liberty, he also believes in free people interacting freely in free markets. Tristan lives in Central Phoenix, where he runs his own business, serving as an Internet Presence Specialist.
Member at Large | Johnny Melton
Bio Coming Soon.
Member at Large | Joe Neglia, RP
Joe Neglia is a Constitutional Conservative and is dedicated to upholding and defending the principles upon which our country and our party were founded. An active Republican Precinct Committeeman and State Committeeman since 2012, he has served in a variety of roles in the party, and is a Life Member of the NRA and the Arizona Citizen’s Defense League. His political activity goes back to 1980 when he stuffed envelopes for the Ronald Reagan presidential campaign. He is also a registered parliamentarian and advocates for Robert’s Rules of Order at every available opportunity.
Joe teaches Engineering Technology at Mesa Community College and is a registered Professional Engineer. His experience includes consulting for the National Science foundation, Intel Corporation, Sperry Space Systems, and Honeywell Satellite Systems. Joe holds two U.S. Patents for his work on the Strategic Defense Initiative, a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania, and an MBA from Arizona State University. He has lived in Maricopa County since 1986, and currently lives in Tempe with his beautiful wife of 24 years and two lovely daughters.
Member at Large | Janell Soyster Buchholdt
Janell Soyster Buchholdt is a Constitutional Conservative and registered Republican her entire adult life. Janell moved to Maricopa County in 1961. She, also, was raised in Saudi Arabia & lived in Europe. Living in Saudi Arabia re-enforced her value & belief system that she is blessed to be an American. She prioritizes herself as an American Patriot 1st; and, a Woman 2nd .
After Janell graduated from ASU in Tempe, AZ, she worked in the wireless communication industry. As a Director in the corporate world, she built wireless networks for service providers nationally and globally. In the small business world, Janell was part of a successful team that took a private company public raising $50,000,000.00 in an IPO.
Janell was asked by a Colonel in the DOD to join the 1st female class of the United States Air Force Academy. Janell became the 1st female to join a volunteer organization called the St Lukeman’s Club in AZ, now known as the Hon Kachina Council. ABC 15 acknowledged the Hon Kachina recipients on air. Janell also sat on the Hon Kachina Board.
Currently, Janell sits on the Board of an AZ health & wellness company; and, is also an Executive in an AZ private business.
Politically, at the AZ Convention in Mesa, Janell was promoted to an AZ Delegate to complete the voting process. In July 2016, Janell attended the RNC in Cleveland, OH. Currently, Janell is a Precinct Committeeman Captain, a State Committeeman; and, sits on the MCR Executive Board, Member-At-Large.
Member at Large | Monica Yelin
Born in Bogotá, Colombia, Monica Yelin is a lifelong conservative and passionate supporter of the Republican Platform. Eager to explore new opportunities, Monica immigrated to the United States in 1998 with a J-1 Work Visa, coupled with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and unbridled ambition.
Monica received her Master’s degree in International Relations and Political Science, and quickly worked to acquaint herself with like-minded conservative peers. In 2001, Monica jump-started her patronage to the GOP, serving as manager for the ‘Devine for County Legislator’ campaign, followed by the “Devine for Garbage Commissioner” campaign in 2003. Monica is a former NY Grassroots Committee Chair and has volunteered for United Way and Special Olympics.
Yelin currently serves as a Precinct and State Committeewoman for Legislative District 1, as well as a Community Affairs Committee Co-chair for the AZ GOP. Monica proudly volunteered for the Trump Campaign.